
Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Oil EX
This is a cleansing oil to remove heavy makeup and foundation. Frankly speaking, proper makeup removing is the most essential step to nurture a clear and healthy skin. All skincare starts with a more thorough cleansing process so you MUST cleanse your skin properly before you move on to next step.
[INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS] Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Peg-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Peg-8 Isostearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Spirodela Polyrrhiza Extract, Coix Lacryma-Jobi Ma-Yuen Seed Extract, Castanea Crenata (Chestnut) Shell Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Pinus Koraiensis Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Prunus Mume Fruit Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Germ Extract, Squalane, Dextrin Palmitate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance
This cleansing oil is made of mainly emollients and solvents. Apricot kernel oil is used as the main “naturally-derived” oil here. It is a natural emollient that can nourish the skin, balance its moisture-and-oil contents and leave the skin touchably softer and smoother. It is a light oil that is rich in vitamin A, D, E and linoleic acid so it will work well for any skin types including oilier skin. However, I personally find the cleansing oil a bit too rich for my liking (I have normal skin), probably due to the large amount of emollients content here, that is meant primarily for makeup dissolving. Some minor extracts like the tangerine peel (brightening), coix seed (brightening), sesame seed oil (soothe sunburn, antioxidizing), camellia oil (nourishing), lotus seed extract (brightening), squalane (nourishing) and so on are also present to add substances to this rather pricey cleansing oil.
PERFORMANCE
Except for waterproof lip tint, this cleansing oil manages to take off concealer, waterproof eyeliner and eye shadow. The cleansing ability is considered pretty good.
In short, this is an effective cleansing oil. However, I personally prefer lightweight oil, which includes cleansing oil so you can see that I use cleansing balm or cleansing water most of the times unless when I put on heavy makeup. A good cleansing oil but not for me. I still prefer something lightweight. This is too heavy and feels kinda greasy and "hot" on the skin so I will not repurchase.
Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam EX
This is a foaming cleanser that comes in clear gel liquid form that can be lathered into rich bubbles. Sulwhasoo claims that this is specially formulated to leave behind a layer of moisture film for a clean and smooth base. It will also help your skin to stay hydrated and supple for hours after cleansing.
[INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS] Water, Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Peg-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Spirodela Polyrrhiza Extract, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Castanea Crenata (Chestnut) Shell Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Coix Lacryma-Jobi Ma-Yuen Seed Extract, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Dextrin, Disodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Isostearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance
This uses relatively gentle and safe surfactant like potassium cocyl glycinate, cocamidopropyl betaine, and disodium cocoamphodiacetate , which may justify its higher price tag. It has some good stuffs like coix seed extract, cacao extract, duckweed extract, tangerine peel extract and so on for added blood circulation improving, skin soothing and brightening effects. Only butylene glycol is flagged “1” in acne-triggering, and given that butylene glycol is a common ingredient that you almost cannot avoid in any skincare products, it is safe to call this cleansing foam as “non-acne-triggering”.
It has an ideal pH around 5.5 though.
CONCLUSION

I tried both products for a couple of months mostly during short trips. My feeling towards them were pretty consistent. I still couldn’t find myself enjoy using them no matter how my skin was doing every time. The cleansing oil feels heavy, greasy and warm. It takes off makeup well but I do have other cleansing oil that can do the same thing without the unpleasant texture. As for the cleansing foam, it is really too “gelly” for my liking, especially the fact that it still leaves behind a moisture film on my skin. I prefer my cleanser to cleanse, not moisturize or nourish, so I am not that into this “moisture film” thing this cleanser offers. Glad that I dint buy them, because apparently both are not meant for me!
Overall impression: ★★
[Disclaimer] Products are a gift from a family member and not sponsored. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.










0 Comments