Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: Sexylook Aqua Treatment Mask - Hydrating 水润 and Moisture Replenishing 饱水


I think the bad thing about having accumulated a lot of sheet masks in your wardrobe is how much time you actually need to empty your existing “stocks”. I bought a lot of sheet masks in the past 3 years. It took me nearly 1 year from the day of buying this Sexylook mask to the time when I am actually using it. And that teaches me a perfect lesson to never stock up on sheet masks.. or literally any other things anymore. You just stock up on “cash”, but never any perisable (or even non-perisable goods), no matter how good the sales is, or how much you think you are gonna be using the things “later”.

Anyway, back to this mask.

I bought these Sexylook Aqua Treatmask in June 2018 when I was travelling to Taiwan. The sample that the promoter showed me was impressive enough so I bought two packs. You can get the same from iQueen Malaysia or Hermo Malaysia at cheap prices too.

The masks are claimed to be made by Japanese dermatologist so they are gentle without added fragrance, colourant, alcohol, retinoic acid and MI preservatives. In other words, all skin types including sensitive skin can use them.

The product is running a buy 1 free 1 sales at Cosmed Taiwan hence I bought two, namely the Moisture Replenishing 饱水 and Hydrating 水润 flavours.





The Hydrating 水润 is actually meant for soothing and hydrating. It is greenish blue in colour. It contains small molecules hyaluronic acid, ocaline XP, allantoin, compound patented soothing factor, aloe vera extract, witch hazel extract, panthenol and niacinamide, all of which are great for large pores issues caused by dehydration and sensitive reaction to external aggressors.





The mask is made of soft cotton cloth. It adheres well to the skin but is not very fitting especially around the mouth area. It doesn’t have any distinctive scent whatsoever.

Despite all the claims, I DO NOT find this mask soothing or hydrating at all. In fact, it feels a bit sticky on the skin. My skin doesn’t look brighter or softer after using. Not impressed and will not repurchase.



Next, we have the highly hyped Moisture Replenishing one that the promoter told me is their best-selling product.




The mask is like all other Sexylook mask, made of black cotton with clear and non-viscous essence.

This particular one is superb. It is made of Germany patent moisturizing ingredients with nano molecule hyaluronic acid to deeply hydrate and moisturize your skin. And you can FEEL the moisture gets injected right into your skin. Other ingredients like seaweed extract, PCA, fungus extract, xylitol, niacinamide, panthenol and so on are excellent moisturizing factors for the skin too.



My skin enjoys a real water feast on this. Except for its cough syrup like scent, I don’t have any complaint whatsoever about this mask. I love it. My skin feels hydrated, more comfortable and softer after using. It also looks slightly brighter in the mirror. Love it and will definitely repurchase.

CONCLUSION

In short, I think Sexylook does show an effort to continually improving on its quality, and this Aqua Treatment Masks are certainly promising. It somehow brings back my confidence on the brand once again.


[Disclaimer] Product(s) mentioned herewith are purchased with my own money. All opinions expressed here are my honest views on the product(s). All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.

Post a Comment

0 Comments