Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: Laneige White Dew Ampoule Essence


I am not sure why but the new Laneige White Dew Original Ampoule Essence has rather short shelf life. The one I bought will expire within 1 year from the manufacturing date so I’m kinda like rushing to finish it since I only opened it a few months ago.



Laneige skin brightening or whitening products are not new to me. I used their White Plus Renew Original Essence for quite some time and that one was really effective at evening out my skin. It even helped to lighten my acne scars and lighter freckles. So I was really keen when Laneige launched its White Dew line. I wanted to see if it can help with my freckles and dark spots.

Below are my thoughts on it after using the product for about 4 months now.





Laneige White Dew Original Ampoule Essence is essentially a skin brightening serum that claims to even out your skin tone and make it appear flawlessly bright and dewy. It is an upgraded version of the previous Laneige best-seller – the White Plus Renew Original Essence.







The essence is housed in a silver and white plastic bottle with a dropper attached to it. It dispenses milky, semi-opaque liquid that is very lightweight and easy to be absorbed by the skin. Like all Laneige products, this has a strong floral scent that I personally love.



The main selling point here is its mela-vita crusher technology, which uses its patented ingredient, the saururus chinensis extract to deliver its targeted skin brightening effect. It also utilizes the moisturizing properties of the phyto sugar water to keep the skin moisturized and bright, or dewy to be precise. Laneige uses mild and natural ingredients here, which are mainly plant-extracts and are not some harsh skin bleaching ingredients.

Normally I use it after toner, and before a cream. Since this is an ampoule, I will use it before other serums if I am using more than one serum at a time. I will avoid using other skin brightening serum if I am using this already.

INGREDIENTS



Water, Propanediol, Polyglycerin-3, Butylene Glycol, Trehalose, Glycerin, Saururus Chinensis Extract, Raffinose, Yeast Extract, Panthenol, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Beta-Glucan, Acetyl Glucosamine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Dimethicone, Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Cetearyl Olivate, Sodium Methyl Stearoyl Taurate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Olivate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium Edta, Fragrance

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS



The key ingredients here are saururus chinensis extract, yeast extract and 3-o-ethyl ascorbic acid. Saururus chinensis extract is new to the White Dew line. Commonly known as Asian Lizard Tail, this plant extract helps to brighten up your skin complexion in a more indirect and non-enzymatic way. In other words, it can do the job but it will take longer time and be milder to your skin. In addition, saururus chinensis is also a known anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants that are helpful to soothe and repair any skin damages.

3-o-ethyl ascorbic acid is also found in Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution. This ingredient can inhibit the activity of tyrosinase hence blocking melanin synthesis. It is also an antioxidant that is commonly used as anti-aging ingredient. Yeast is also added here to reduce the appearance of dark spots while not drying your skin out as yeast has the ability to bind moisture to your skin! It also contains natural beta glucans that can help to repair your skin and increase the skin elasticity.

Laneige also uses many lightweight skin moisturizing ingredients with soothing properties, such as propanediol, trehalose, raffinose, panthenol, green tea extract, beta glucan, sodium hyaluronate and so on. A very small amount of alcohol is also present to give this essence a lighter consistency.

Overall, this looks like a perfection combination of milder skin brightening ingredients, a bunch of humectants and anti-inflammatory to soothe, moisturize and brighten up your skin. There is no AHA or retinol here so you can use this both morning and evening without fears.

PERFORMANCE



It is tricky because you see… I haven’t actually finished the Ampoule but I don’t want you guys to wait too long so I want to share my thoughts on it first.



The essence is nice, it is really lightweight, and it smells nice. I normally use it with Lirikos Oxygenic Essence because both products have similar consistency and (in a way) scent. However, my skin gets itchy almost everytime I apply this Ampoule Essence. I don’t have the same reaction while using the White Plus Renew or other skin brightening products. Just this.

Results-wise, I didn’t see any freckles-lightening. My skin does appear dewier and brighter but that is also compounded by the fact that I am using Naruko Face Renewal Miracle Essence. I think the results might be less dramatic if I use the ampoule essence alone. The itchiness also sets me back from using it more frequently or consistently, especially in the last two months.

I’ll update you guys once I finish using the entire product.

CONCLUSION



I have high expectation on this essence. It is supposed to be better than the White Plus Renew because it is an ampoule + essence. I expect better freckles lightening function but unfortunately there isn’t any. It is definitely lighter than the previous version but it is not more moisturizing or hydrating. My skin does appear brighter and dewier over time. The result is there, but slow. And I don’t like how this itches my skin out by a little almost everytime I am using it. It is not an AHA or retinol product so itchiness is not a good sign.

I will give this more tries until I finish using it to make a final judgement whether or not to repurchase. Until then, I will see you guys in my next post.



Pros:
- lightweight, easy to absorb consistency
- nice scent
- contains a lot of humectant and mild skin brightening ingredients

Cons:
- lack of results
- pricey

Overall impression: ★★★
Repurchasing: TBA
You can get this from: Laneige Malaysia | Hermo | Gmarket | Althea
[Disclaimer] Product is purchased with my own money. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.

Post a Comment

0 Comments