Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: Jayjun Gold Snow Black Mask


We are moving towards a “black trend” now as black foods are considered rich in antioxidants and therefore good for our bodies. There is also this “black trend” in sheet mask as they are normally meant of charcoal and can “suck out” the dirt and impurities inside your skin. Interestingly, black masks are normally meant for skin brightening and anti-aging purposes, not white, nowadays. This Gold Snow Black Mask from Jayjun brings the black mask trend into another level by adding in the precious gold flakes! Let’s look at their performance below!



I bought a box of these Gold Snow Black Mask from SASA a while ago. I know many places are carrying it, such as Hermo. Be careful when buying online though as there are many counterfeit products for the brand Jayjun.




ABOUT


The Gold Snow Black Mask is essentially a sheet mask with anti-aging and revitalizing properties. Individuals with sensitive, aging, and dull skin will benefit the most from it.

Step 1 - Gold Snow Black Mask


When I first used it, I was confused which side should I put it on my face, the one with gold flakes or the one with loads of essence. I thought you are supposed to apply the side with gold closer to your face, but it turns out to be otherwise. I guess the gold is just designed to look fancy, like the animal masks from Mediheal.


[INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS] Purified Water, Glycerin, Methylpropanediol, Niacinamide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extracts, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris Extract, Malva Sylvestris Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Veronica Officinalis Extract, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Hyaluronic Acid, Betaine, Carbomer, Tromethamine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, 1,2 Hexanediol, Ethanol, Gold(10ppm), Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

Here we have niacinamide, aloe vera extract, sodium hyaluronate, mistlestone extract, lady’s mantle extract, lemon balm extract, peppermint extract, speedwell extract, and so on. Sounds familiar? Yes! They are herbal extracts you normally see in Belif products, and they are mainly herbal ingredients meant for moisturizing and soothing the skin. We also have a peptide that mimics the effect of Botox injection being added into this mask, that can reduce the appearance of expression lines and has water-binding properties. Another anti-aging peptide, syn-ake is also added for wrinkles-reducing and lifting benefits.

The ingredients sound good so let’s look at the texture and performance!


TEXTURE, SCENT AND APPLICATION

I am a sucker when it comes to describing sheet mask materials. This mask looks like it is made of hydrogel. My skin sucks it up fast, so I put it on for only about 15 minutes and it has turned dry. It tingles a bit when I had it on, but no burning or itchiness whatsoever. It has a sweet and pleasant floral scent that I enjoy. The mask feels a bit stiff on the skin and does not adhere well to the skin though, so the overall application is not very pleasant.

Step 2 – Jayjun Black Pearl First Repair Serum


This is a black pearl serum packed in little capsules. It helps to moisturize and supply nutrients to your skin. You use it as the second step of your skincare routine to seal all nutrients in.

[INGREDIENTS] Purified Water, Glycerin, Methyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Methylpropanediol, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Caprylylmethicone, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propolis Extract, Platycodon Grandiflorum Root Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Seed Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Forsythia Suspensa Fruit Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Arctium Lappa Seed Extract, Anemarrhena Asphodeloides Root Extract, Adenosine, Poloxamer 407, Xanthan Gum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Polysorbate 60, Propanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Isoceteth-25, Isoceteth-10, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Black Oxide of Iron, Titanium Dioxide

This serum utilizes niacinamide, propolis extract, lotus seed extract, honeysuckle flower extract, cica, and various root extract to offer your skin anti-inflammatory and anti-aging benefits. I couldn’t find any ingredients that I can link to black pearl though. Black pearl extract is also known as pinctada margaritifera extract, which is not found here. The black colour is derived from the addition of iron oxides, which is a safe colourant. Overall, the ingredients are safe, with some really useful stuffs, but I am quite disappointed that there is no black pearl found despite the misleading title of it.

TEXTURE, SCENT AND APPLICATION


Another thing that I dislike about this serum is the scent and texture. It is viscous which makes it hard to apply evenly all over your skin. Normally, one uses serum before mask since mask helps to force feed your skin with serum. But the opposite happens in this Gold Snow Black Mask. The serum doesn’t really make the entire application wonderful. Quite contrary, its sticky texture and overly sweet scent are big disadvantages for this mask.

CONCLUSION


Decent, but not memorizing I must say. There is nothing that makes me want to repurchase about this. Except for its fancy looking packaging and delicious-looking ingredients, the materials and texture of this mask and its serum actually deter me from taking another try. I still have 2 left in the box (I have given my mom the other two, which she was not impressed with either). I will give it two more tries and update you guys further!


Overall impression: ★★☆
Repurchasing: ★
You can get this from: SASA | Hermo | Gmarket | Testerkorea | NanaMall
[Disclaimer] Product is purchased with my own money. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.

Post a Comment

0 Comments