Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: Dr. Wu Intensive Renewal Serum With Mandelic Acid 18%


Actually I should review this like 6 months ago, but I have so many other things to review and I still have more than half left in the bottle hence the delay.


I started using Dr. Wu Intensive Renewal Serum With Mandelic Acid 18% about 8 months ago. I started with the 18% version as I am worried that the 8% one is too mild for my normal to dry skin. My mom uses the 8% version.

Basically, this mandelic acid serum is a chemical exfoliant made of alpha hydroxyl acid derived from almond. Its main function is to refine the skin texture, diminish fine lines, even out skin tone, and accelerate cellular turnover of the skin. It works like SK-II FTE or any other treatment essence, but at a much faster rate and is less pricey compared to those.

Let's look at the effect it has on mine and my mom's skin after 60 days of use!


Mandelic acid is not as common as glycolic acid or lactic acid in America. It is more popular in Asia than America. Many big brands like Dr. Hsieh are coming out with mandelic acid but I chose the Dr. Wu one because it is said to be milder and gentler than other mandelic acid serum out there.