I think I have finally accepted the fact that eye cream CANNOT reduce your eye bags, dark eye circles and fine lines. NONE of the eye cream I have tried, from cheap to expensive, actually does something to improve on those area. They may temporarily diminish the appearance of your fine lines, but the lines will eventually make their ways back. I think unless for actives, it is hard to expect eye cream to do more. Often time, eye cream I use is only for preventative purpose. They can hydrate, moisturize, nourish and even provide anti-oxidizing effects. But if you expect fine lines diminishing, dark circle reducing and eye bags reversing effects, then eye cream isn't very helpful.
Having said all these, if eye cream cannot really do wonder for your eye area, why spend a fortune on it? After my trials and errors with eye cream, I finally come to term with this very affordable yet super lightweight and nourishing eye cream from the brand A.H.C recently. As a product junkee, I of course would not stick to only one product. I still love those I have tried from SK-II, Belif, and Blossom Jeju. But if you ask to choose ONE, I would say let's go for A.H.C.
I am very obsessed with A.H.C eye cream recently. I bought their Season 4, Season 4 Special Day and Season 5. Now they even came up with a Season 6! How fast do they innovate?!
A.H.C gains its popularity through online shopping. Facebook sellers are selling them at cheap prices. Many Korean websites are selling them really cheap too, even the brand's own official website at Gmarket.... without compromising on the quality.
Besides, A.H.C eye cream is also one of those that claims to double up as facial cream too. So you can use this on your eye area, laugh lines, and any dry patches on your face, without hearing your wallet crying! How fantastic is that?
A.H.C The Pure Real Eye Cream For Face (Season 5) claims to be an "anti-aging" eye cream with whitening and wrinkles improving properties. More than 91% of it are made of natural ingredients. It is formulated using ultra fine micro-emulsion technology to allow the product to penetrate faster and deeper into your skin.
The product comes in a super bouncy gel cream texture. It is easily absorbed by the skin. I wouldn't recommend you to apply it as facial cream though as it is quite thick and hard to be smoothed out. There isn't enough slip in the product. The eye cream has a strong floral aroma that I like, but may not be favourable to those who are sensitive to fragrance.
INGREDIENTS
INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS
Main ingredients are rice, coconut water, meadowfoam seed oil, camellia, algae, centella asiatica and so on. Rice is commonly known for its brightening and moisturizing properties. People use rice water to brighten your skin in the old times.
AHC uses meadowfoam seed oil in many of its eye cream and it always gives a nice emollient slip to the product. Other ingredients like fig, cocoa, apple, green bean, avocado, and so on offers decent antioxidizing effects for the skin.
PERFORMANCE
Like I said, don't expect great things from topical application of skincare products on your wrinkles and fine lines. I did not see any improvements in my dark circles, eye bags, and fine lines after adding this into my routine. However, this provides a nice emollient slip to the delicate area around my eyes, making it less prone to tear and damages associated with dryness.
Its tube packaging also makes it really travel-friendly and hygienic to apply. I love bringing it along with me in my bag and apply it on my knees, elbows, neck and so on whenever I feel like it. It will nourish those area within seconds and my skin will feel so smooth and soothed afterwards.
CONCLUSION
I am swearing by this A.H.C eye cream after I stopped thinking that you can see results with topical application of eye cream. I have tried so many from Innisfree, Belif, SK-II, Methode Swiss to Blossom Jeju but none really works to reduce the fine lines under my eyes. Even so, the effects are quite temporary. I think as long as the texture is pleasant, and that the ingredients used are of good quality, I am fine with cheaper eye cream. After all, all I need is proper moisturization. I'm generally pleased with this eye cream and would probably continue to repurchase its coming Season 6, 7, and 8... if I did not find any others that excite me more!
Pros:
- bouncy and nourishing texture that is easily absorbed by the skin
- very affordable
- can be applied to drier parts of your body (knees, elbows etc), laugh lines, neck and so on as well
- travel-friendly, hygienic packaging
Cons:
- still a bit thicker as facial cream; best as spot treatment
Overall impression: ★★★★☆
Repurchasing: ★★★★★
You can get this from: White Skin | Sweet Corea | Gmarket
[Disclaimer] Product is purchased with my own money. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.










0 Comments