Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Review: 100 INNISFREE Products Part 4 - Jeju Mineral Sparkling Line

(Updated on August 2017)


Out of all the Korean skincare brands I have tried, Innisfree is probably the most innovative, creative, fast-changing yet economic. I have tried out tonnes of Innisfree products, more than 100 if you take into accounts different masks and products that have already been discontinued, but Innisfree moves so fast that my reviews couldn't catch up with its pace of reformulation and repackaging. By the time I realized, I already accumulated more than 50 product reviews on Innisfree, which prompted me to write this huge, summary-oriented brand overview and reviews of 100 Innisfree products review.

Just a little bit of disclosure here, most of the products discussed here are stuffs I used 1-2 years ago hence I didn't possess the skills set back then to capture nice photos and texture of the products. Hence, many of these pictures are extracted from Innisfree Korean website, some from Innisfree World/Official website. The copy right of these pictures therefore belongs to Innisfree.

I updated this review on 25 August to make it more organized and broke it down into different parts based on product lines (e.g. green tea, volcanic ash, orchid etc.) for your reading convenience.

Full list of products included in this review:
  • Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Cleansing Mousse | Review
  • Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Mist | Review
  • Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Skin | Review
  • Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Lotion | Review
  • Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Essence | Review

Other Innisfree reviews: green tea | volcanic | soybean | orchid | sunscreen | haircare | body care | hand cream | jeju lava seawater | jeju sparkling | mask | makeup | other skincare lines


Sparkling water was a new trend in Korea few years ago (by the time I wrote this). It advocates the use of carbonated water or mineral water to refresh, stimulate, “massage”, and hydrate your skin. Its mineral contents are also said to be beneficial for your skin. I bought these because Innisfree was one of the brands to come out with a full skincare range using carbonated water. I opted for the Essence, Toner and Lotion at first, then subsequently its Mousse Cleanser (limited edition) and Mist. I could have bought its Gel Cream but somehow I think I have tried enough stuffs from this line and the Gel Cream, when swatched in the store, were not good enough to impress me. I am loving this Jeju Sparkling line a lot and have written separate reviews on respective products I used from the line, which I will include the link down below for your easy reference.

Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Cleansing Mousse | Full Review
This is an innovative mousse cleanser. It is a limited edition so is no longer available. I really enjoy using this because it gives me a cooling, refreshing and gentle cleansing experience. My skin feels not stripped or dry after this, but quite clean, so I think this will work well for combination skin too. Just like all other cleansers, I got bored after using this for 3-4 months so I did not repurchase, but I would recommend it for anyone who enjoys mousse cleanser or like that sparkling sensation on your skin… if you can still buy this.

Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Mist | Full ReviewInnisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Skin | Full Review
Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Lotion | Full Review
I bought this skin and lotion set from Testerkorea because Innisfree Malaysia has yet to launch them. I loved the Mineral Skin and but not the Lotion. The Lotion is what I would call “the worst lotion I have ever tried”. It was gooey, sticky, and leaving my skin uncomfortable when I wore it. Absorbency is poor and will take up to 10 minutes which makes it a terrible product for layering. You can never use this in the morning due to its poor absorbency. Even my body rejects this gooey lotion so I ended up sending it away.

The Mineral Skin, however, was my favourite toner of 2015. It was super refreshing, had a nice citrusy scent, and worked well to hydrate and prep my skin. My favourite way of using it was to apply it as a lotion mask, where I just soaked the toner with a cotton pad and left it on my cheek for 3-5 minutes for a baby soft and plump skin. The downside of that of course was how fast I finished this. Within 2 months, the whole bottle was gone, in exchange for a happier and glowing complexion. Does it worth it? It depends on your wallet and priority!

Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Essence | Full Review
This is a bubbly and refreshing mousse essence that feels great on the skin. It also won my “Best Hydrating Essence Award of 2015”. Although this does nothing more than supplying moisture to your skin, but something about it really keeps my skin vibrant and glowing. I checked the ingredients and had to conclude that it was the carbonated water and all the minerals that came with it that summed up to this amazing result! Its drizzling texture also provides a gentle massaging effect on the skin to revitalize and release stress. A perfect essence for summer and any skin types. Do make sure that you buy the freshly made one. Don’t store it as the drizzling effect will be gone if you keep it in your shelf for too long. I bought two last year and one was due to expire in mid-2018 (a year from the time I opened it) so I quickly used it but was disappointed to realize that this had turned into an ordinary mousse essence that feels “meh” on the skin. Don’t keep it for too long! Use it the moment you bought it!

Other Innisfree reviews: green tea | volcanic | soybean | orchid | sunscreen | haircare | body care | hand cream | jeju lava seawater | jeju sparkling | mask | makeup | other skincare lines


You can get this from: Innisfree Malaysia | Hermo | Althea etc.
[Disclaimer] Products are purchased with my own money. A part of the images included in this review belongs to Innisfree and are used here for referencing purpose only. The copy right of content and image otherwise stated belongs to mine.

Post a Comment

0 Comments