The Half Moon Eyes collection is created from botanical and fruit extracts packed with antioxidants and pores tightening benefits. Among which, its cleansing pack made of dragon fruit extract is said to contain all the necessary nutrients to give you a pinkish glow!
Available at Althea Korea, Half Moon Eyes (HME) currently comes in three items:
- Half Moon Eyes Milky Jelly Toning Essence
- Half Moon Eyes Milky Moisture Cream
- Half Moon Eyes Pink Fruity
Read on to find out more about my thoughts below!
Half Moon Eyes Milky Jelly Toning Essence
This is a toner+. So what does toner+ mean? Toner+ means a toner that can also function as a booster and essence. Of course, don't expect this to function like a RM 100+ Missha Treatment Essence or Whamisa Essence Toner. This is nothing like that. In fact, it feels just like a regular sebum-regulating and hydrating toner for your daily uses. Not fantastic for older skin but perfect for younger and imbalanced skin.
To apply, you just take out a cotton pad that comes with the product and then pour some product onto the cotton pad. Make sure to soak 1/2 of the cotton pad with the toner and then gently wipe it across your face for maximum absorption. Doing so allows the product to be better absorbed into your skin while providing extra exfoliating benefit.
One thing that I dislike about the product is its scent. It has a floor-cleanser kinda fruity scent that doesn't get along well with my nose. The toner is lovely but the scent is a total no-no.
I'm not kidding ya -- this stuff really softens my skin. I am not sure how it does that but something about it helps to smooth and soften my skin. My skin also feels a lot cooler and hydrated after using it. Not sticky whatsoever.
[INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS] Water, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Water, Hyaluronic Acid, Ficus Carica Fruit Extract, Silica, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa Kernel Extract, Allantoin, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Adansonia Digitata Fruit Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Morus Alba Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Illicium Verum Fruit Extract, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sorbitol, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Trideceth-10, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance
I think I found the answer of why skin is so smooth when I checked through the ingredients list. It contains silica that is normally added into skincare to smooth pores and regulate sebum production. HME also has this silky matrix film technology to improve your skin texture. Other ingredients like tea tree water, hyaluronic acid, fig extract, centella asiatica, oat kernel extract, aloe vera extract and so on are stuffs commonly found in skin soothing and anti-acne products. Having said that, this would be perfect for all skin types looking for a drink of moisture with loads of skin soothing and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Half Moon Eyes Milky Moisture Cream
Next come the Moisture Cream.
I am actually quite surprised when I first started to use it because this stuff i seriously moisturizing. I thought with a toning essence as hydrating and as refreshing, the Moisture Cream would be equally lightweight as well. But no I was wrong, this Milky Moisture Cream is a creamy and milky emollient cream that is more suitable for those with normal to dry skin.
The moisture cream comes in a milky gel cream texture. HME calls it jelly emulsion but I think it is more like gel cream in my opinion. The cream is not sticky, but creamy. It gets absorbed into the skin really well and there is an immediate cooling sensation once it touches your skin. Instead of leaving a tacky finish, this cream dries down rather matte as if it contains silica inside. I think this cream will also work well for those with dehydrated-oily skin or have disrupted skin barrier.
The scent is another no-no for me. HME calls this refreshing fig fragrance but my mind always associates it with floor cleansing detergent. It is unpleasant.
To be honest, this cream is not one of my favourites. I like lighter cream like Belif Aqua Bomb or those with a moisturizing yet non-tacky finish like Blithe Pressed Serum or Sulwhasoo Radiance Sleeping Pack. This is more on the slightly-tacky side that I am not quite fancy of. Plus the scent, urgh.
I am giving it away to my sister who likes it better.
Half Moon Eyes Pink Fruity
Finally, the Pink Fruity or capsule clay mask.
This is not my first time using a clay mask. I have had tonnes of experiences with clay masks from Innisfree, Kiehl's, Belif and many more. But this is my first time using a pink clay mask or clay mask made of fruit extract.
The stuff is actually quite easy to apply. First, you tear open the seal of the little capsule. Just a small opening will do because you can use this 2-3 times so you want to minimize contamination or air exposure. Using a spatula, you scoop 1/3 or 1/2 of the pink clay out and smooth it across your skin. The mask is quite moist and creamy so you will be able to smooth it all over your face without much pulling of your face. You wait for 10-15 minutes until the mask turns a little white and dry. Emulsify it with water and massage the remaining for about 2-3 minutes before rinsing it off completely. Continue with your normal routine.
This is good but not impressive.
I still find this a little bit drying on my normal-to-dry skin. The clay takes a little longer to dry and I am a bit worried about it causing wrinkles on my face. This resembles Kiehl's Turmeric Cranberry Masque we talked about earlier. This doesn't quite impress me because I don't like how it exfoliates my skin using the little particles inside. I think it will work better for rougher and oilier skin but not sensitive and dry skin.
CONCLUSION
I want to be as unbiased as I can here, to point out the pros and cons of each product to help you make better buying choices. I am by no means a skin doctor who can decide what you put on your skin and what not. So do always take my comment with a pinch of salt. And don't be completely let down if I say something is not working for my skin.
These HME products are designed for younger, oilier and imbalanced skin, which is the opposite of mine. Naturally, I don't enjoy them as much as I want to. Their scent is also a complete let-down for me too. Nonetheless, I still encourage teenagers to check them out if you are not bothered by product fragrance and want something affordable yet good for acne-prone, oily-dehydrated and younger skin.
You can get yours here at Althea Korea:
HME experience set (at PROMOTIONAL PRICE!!!);
or individually here:
http://my.althea.kr/milky-moisture-cream
http://my.althea.kr/milky-jelly-tonning-essence
http://my.althea.kr/pink-fruity

























0 Comments