After my review on the Belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask, I received quite a number of emails asking me to do a comparison review on the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask and Belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask. So here it is my thoughts on both hydrating sleeping mask, side-by-side.
Basically, both are overnight masks designed for all skin types, with slightly different texture and functions.
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask has been on the market for quite some time. Its main function is skin hydration. It has lightweight texture with the relaxing sleep scent. It believes that better sleep leads to better skin health, so it tries to make you sleep better (sleep scent + makes the skin comfortable with better hydration overnight) with its sleeping mask. Its sleep-tox technology helps to rejuvenate and balance your skin overnight from the stressful day. Its beta glucan moisture shield, on the other hand, prevents moisture loss thorough the night. The mask also has skin soothing and calming benefits for sensitive skin.
Belif, on the other hand, focuses more on anti-aging, lifting, and hydration. It believes that your skin losses its resilience throughout the day, and you can take this golden opportunity at night to recontour and whip your skin back to its firm and plump state using its unique memory gel texture. An extension to the brand's best-selling Aqua Bomb Moisturizer, this mask also helps to hydrate, rejuvenate and replenish dull and dry skin from daily aggressors.
Laneige Water Sleeping Mask retails for RM113/70ml whereas Belif at RM139/75ml at official stores. You can get Laneige as low as RM70 during promotional activities, or RM77 from Althea. As for Belif, the minimum you can get is roughly RM105 during the brand's 25% member sales. As such, Belif is slightly pricier compared to Laneige.
Texture-wise, I think Laneige is lighter compared to Belif, but feels equally soothing and calming on the skin. Your skin needs to be wet (with water, mist or toner) when you are using Belif to aid hydration, whereas you can just use Laneige anytime, anywhere because of the lightweight consistency. Laneige hydrates better but your skin stays hydrated for longer with Belif.
PERFORMANCE
CONCLUSION
I don't use Belif all the time because it is quite moisturizing. I notice that I tend to skip moisturizer, or rinse my face with water, if I were to use it. The consistency is kinda rich and it might feel sticky on the skin when you layer too many products underneath it. Laneige is more user-friendly. It doesn't feel sticky at all no matter where, and when you use it. It feels just nice on the skin. It hydrates, cools, and refreshes your skin well. My skin feels plump when I use it too!
In short, Laneige will remain my all-time favourite whereas Belif will be my dry-skin-time saver! I love both of them a lot and I will continue to repurchase both, as and when necessary. For those of you who are not sure which to pick, go by your skin types. Sensitive, mature and drier skin should opt for Belif whereas get Laneige if you have dehydrated, oily, combination and younger skin!
[Disclaimer] Laneige is purchased with my own money whereas Belif is sent by the brand, but all views here are my own. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.







0 Comments