Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Really long Q&A post


First of all, a reader emailed me some days ago. I read the email and meant to reply to it, but I absolutely cannot find it again!
Either I accidentally deleted it or I have gone blind, but I really can’t find it and I’m very, very sorry!
So if this and “Ficcare” rings a bell to you, please email me again so I can have your mail address!

This updo accidentally found its way onto my head today. I'd never thought about doing a couple figure 8's. I love double buns.
Kathy
I’m so happy I could inspire you!
They are very comfortable for me, maybe because the weight is distributed more evenly?

That's awesome and brave you!!!
Darkhorse
I think my Hubby was the brave one getting so close to the braid-club in action, haha.

Can you make cholesterol treatments or are they something you have to buy? I searched around for information on them in the past without finding much on them. I like things I can make myself.
Kathy
Both!
I mostly buy my cholesterol treatments. So far I’ve found them only in “black hair” products and they all advertise cholesterol on the label. Of course it becomes a real problem to actually find any when 99% of hair products you can find are for the typical fine and thin Scandinavian hair.
However, I have never been able to find any numbers on how much cholesterol these treatments actually contain!
Can anyone help with information here?
But what you can do is to add raw egg yolks to any normal conditioner. One raw egg yolk contains 210-215 mg cholesterol (Depending on source) I usually add two to a treatment. Of course you may want to avoid this if your hair dislikes protein, which the yolks also contain.
Based on my experiences, two yolks contain less cholesterol than the cholesterol treatment (And that probably isn’t a surprise to anyone) Just remember to not add any heat and rinse in lukewarm water if you use the egg yolks!!

In regards to your blister...I *think* there is a band aid you can get that is actually glue--whether it coats the blister, I'm not sure, but they are water proof and my sister in law uses this over tradition band aids as she cooks/bakes a lot and gets cuts on her fingers. Not sure if it would work for your blister but might be worth looking into?? Can't wait to see what your mane looks like after your pamper treatment :)
Darkhorse
Aha, maybe I should look around at a pharmacy? The blisters have both healed enough that I can function normally now without using the band aids, so that’s great! But it’s good to know for the future. I will look!
Right now it is “resting” in an increasingly messy braid to let it settle down after the deep treatment, but when I take it down to handle it tomorrow I can take pictures.

Lady Igor! Omg, I just found your wonderful blog and even more wonderful hair by youtube! That braid is PERFECT! Mayebe you would like to check out my blog, too, if the google tanslator works ;) www.langehaare.blogspot.com Hugs from Germany!
Prusse
Danke! 
Ich habe deinen Blog gelesen und ich habe es wirklich genossen. Dein Haar hat eine wirklich wunderbare, satte Farbe! Ich denke, ich kenne deine Mähne ... Warst du vielleicht am LHC? Haha, überlassen es den langhaarigen, sich gegenseitig von der Rückseite zu erkennen!
(And I don’t think I need Google translate, even though my last class in German was over ten years ago?)

Your head coverings are lovely. :)
Adelina
Thank you!
If you like my head coverings, maybe you would be interested in my newest website discovery: http://andreagrinberg.com/
I really adore her style! She manages to keep them modern, sleek and interesting and not having them over decorated. I will definitely try to reproduce some of her styles. Her attitude and outlook on life is definitely worth a read too. Her blog/site is very high on my list of priorities right now and I plan to sit down with a cup of tea when I have an evening with plenty of undisturbed time.
Of course it leaves me with one important realisation: I don’t have enough scarves!

I actually have a similar list of no crap allowed when it comes to haircare, maybe I should write it down on the blog. Thank you for posting this! Having sensitive skin myself, sometimes it's really hard to decide where to start when it comes to skin products.
Rita
I read it! Good post!
I’m really happy my thoughts could be of any use.

Sounds like a fun way to see a movie. I've never heard of an outdoor movie festival before. Like Rita and Darkhorse, I love the blue scarf! I bought some tie dye fabric a few months ago to cut into scarves. People don't get the wrong idea when you are wearing those. Unless you object to being pegged as a hippie, of course.
Kathy
Heh, I don’t have a problem with that. Well, I guess you can’t stop people from believing what they want to believe about you anyways?
“Hippie” is better than “covering her hair because she thinks her hair leads men into temptation”, right? Hmm.

Hey! You got your new phone!!
Darkhorse
Yes! And I love it!
My personal recommendation that Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro is a wonderful phone worth buying!

Interesting! Found this link on youtube of a yoga instructor trying 3 different hair styles.